A day at the beach, unlike any other day, comes with added jewellery concerns.
You might be concerned about losing or ruining your jewellery in the sand or in the ocean. You may worry if it’s preferable to ignore your desires for accessories and forego your dreams of acing your beach look!
Swimsuits, sunglasses, and beach totes are all hot this season, but don’t forget to update your jewellery collection as well. At the beach, jewellery must strike a careful balance between looks and functionality.
To wear or not to wear?
Jewellery should always be worn with utmost care. Be it a beach, mountain or in the comforts of your room. So, to answer the most asked question – can I wear jewellery to the beach, is yes you can! We don’t see why you can’t wear a little shimmer back to the coast. But, make sure that you buy beach friendly fine diamond jewellery. With a little forethought and the right tricks up your sleeve, you can confidently wear your jewellery to the beach.
So, to make you and your jewellery beach ready, here is all that you need to know!
Do’s of Wearing beach friendly jewellery
- Choose jewellery made of gold, diamond and not pearl/ color stone.
- Go for floral patterns and shapes to compliment the summery aura
- Take it off before you enter the water as salt water can tarnish or stain your jewel. Also, there is a fair chance of your ring slipping off in water even if it fits perfectly.
- Take a soft, damp cleaning cloth and gently wipe off the surfaces of your jewellery
- Send your jewels for professional cleaning with specialized cleaning agents and tools to remove tiny sand particles and other contaminants you won’t be able to reach on your own.
Don’ts of wearing beach friendly jewellery
- Don’t wear light anklets in the sand – the coarse grains might scratch and damage the delicates.
- Don’t wear copper, pewter, or sterling silver jewellery
- Don’t wear your jewellery when sitting in the sun for the hot tan – we don’t want a weird looking tan line, do we?
- Please keep in mind that cold water can cause our body parts to “shrink,” including our hands. Loose-fitting rings should thus be avoided.
Don’t wear your jewellery while applying sunscreen. Take it off and then wear it back, once the lotion is well absorbed.
Looking for beach jewellery necklaces, rings and more? Take a dive in Khoé Jewellery’s collection before you dive in the water!
Solitaire -18K “Spirit” Diamond Bracelet
Symbol -14K “Humsa” Diamond Bracelet
Layer -14K Diamond ” Over the Moon ” Necklace
Khoé Jewellery has the most unique designs made of high-quality gemstones and metals. We’ve scaled the depths of timeless, minimal and affordable jewellery to make your beach trip glamourous!
Dive in at: https://www.khoejewellery.com/
One thought on “Do’s & Don’ts of wearing jewellery at the beach”
I feel that jewellery can be worn on any event and occasion as long as we choose the right one based on the occasion we are attending. This was a very thoughtful article shared by you. Your article has really answered a very unique question. nobody had thought about this problem before you had. Thank you for sharing this article with us.